#1 2007-05-17 08:27:09

Johan Broström
Medlem
Från: Norsjö
Registrerad: 2006-04-01
Webbsida

Nordic N-09

Hi all!

One of the topics for the statusmeeting is the question regarding a new nordic-schedule. The first question is of course if we should change the schedule at all.

The P-09 is now decided, and Bo Hansson has already drawn up the swedish proposal for the "N-09". Basically it's a simplified P-09, in the same manner as todays nordic schedule... I will include the proposal into Bulletin 2, due in a week or two. At the same time I hope that the rest of the nordic countries have come up with their own proposals, so that we have something to discuss...  tongue

Highest regards
/ Johan Broström

#2 2007-05-17 21:01:55

F3ABerra
Medlem
Från: Stenungsunds MFK
Webbsida

Re: Nordic N-09

I just would like to clarify that the schedule that where done by Bo Hansson is the official version for the next N-09 (done by the hosting nation of the Nordic Championships). This schedule will be the one that may be commented and modified. I repeat that no other country shall produce any own version of the new N-09.
I have seen this official proposal which is very similar to the P-09 and it does not include any snaps or inverted flight at the lower flight line.

/Bernt

Senast redigerat av F3ABerra (2007-05-17 21:02:41)

#3 2007-05-21 09:08:07

Ola Fremming
Gäst

Hi
But where is the proposed schedule ?
Ola

#4 2007-06-27 21:57:01

David
Administratör
Registrerad: 2006-03-05

it's now up on the webpage

http://www.f3a.se/uploads/File/NC07/F3A … aresti.pdf

/David

Senast redigerat av David (2007-06-28 13:35:21)

#5 2007-06-28 09:11:34

ofremmi
Medlem
Från: Horten, Norge
Registrerad: 2007-02-27
Webbsida

Hi
The link (to N-09) is not working !

Senast redigerat av ofremmi (2007-06-28 09:11:58)

#6 2007-06-28 13:34:08

David
Administratör

Sorry. I posted the wrong link generad. This is the one

http://www.f3a.se/uploads/File/NC07/F3A … aresti.pdf

#7 2007-06-29 11:16:27

Kristian
Medlem
Registrerad: 2006-03-22

I like the new N09. It is good that it is similar to P09. It makes it easier to start practice P09 and in future compete in F3A-FAI.

Med vänliga hälsningar
Kristian

#8 2007-06-29 15:40:38

Gunnar
Medlem
Registrerad: 2006-03-20

The arestidrawing on number one is not korrekt, the sekond 1/2 roll should be on the bottom after the halfroll. now its drawn with one immelman and one split s..

#9 2008-01-18 15:19:35

ofremmi
Medlem
Webbsida

Guy's
Is there any progress with the manoeuvre descriptions for N-09 ?
Ola

#10 2008-01-21 15:55:09

David
Administratör

Hi Ola!

Forgive me if my memory is lacking, but was there anything said about this at the Nordic championship? With maneuver descriptions I assume you mean detailed descriptions for each maneuver, similar to how the P and F schedules are described in sporting code. I don’t recall any decisions being taken on this at the NC.
I personally have never seen any detailed maneuver descriptions for any Nordic schedule so I wonder if I have missed something. Is it needed? Most maneuvers are pretty obvious on how to fly and judge. A few maneuvers, such as “Immelman/splits combination” and “humpty-bump with alternative”, might however need to be clarified a bit.

I’m sure we can write something down. I'm just curious if there was any decision on this, since we never had it before (to my knowledge)

/David

#11 2008-01-22 08:49:12

ofremmi
Medlem
Webbsida

Hello
As far as i know there has always been a manoeuvre description for the Nordic schedules (as with any other schedule), and in my opinion there should be one.  As far as I remember it was agreed upon in Nordsjø that Sweden should suppy them for the N-09. 
Here is a link to the ones for N07 : http://home.online.no/~ofremmi/F3A/Sche … edules.htm

#12 2008-01-28 19:31:34

Joen
Gäst

visslar

I know it is a bit late, anyhow I would like to come with a proposal for change in the announced N-09.

There seems to be a bit confussion about the figure 9, from which height is it supposed to start from?

Why not drop the figure 9, and use a ½ square loop with ½ roll , start from top-line inverted perform a 1/4 inside loop, perpendicular down ½ roll in the middle, finish with 1/4 OUTSIDE loop, this will means you will finish in inverted flight in the bottom line, continue with th stall-turn with 1/4 roll up and down

rgds
Joen

#13 2008-02-09 11:23:41

David
Administratör

The manoeuvre description is now up on the website together with a cleaner version of the aresti schedule. http://www.f3a.se/uploads/File/NC07/F3A_Nordic_N09.pdf

Big thanks to Bosse and Bernt

#14 2008-02-27 22:06:52

mola
Medlem
Från: Henne, Danmark
Registrerad: 2006-11-25
Webbsida

Hi F3A enthusiasts,

I'm writing because I think I have found a small mistake in the manoeuvre description for N09.

It is regarding manoeuvre no. 6 where it says in the judging notes that "The exit is to be done in the middle line". That is an error in my opinion.

I asked Bob Skinner the same question in regard to the P09 FAI schedule last fall since there was some discussions regarding manoeuvres no. 6, 7 and 8 in P09 and received the following answer:

The Sporting Code does not define upper, mid, or lower levels, and I guess a good compromise would be to make a generous, but not full outside loop, to leave enough room for the triangle and its components. The radius of the following Figure 9 could then be smaller, provided the exit part-loop matches.

If you look at the FAI Sporting Code for manoeuvre no. 6 in P09 there is no judging notes defining the size of the half loop, so why do we need to define that in N09?

Since N09 is based on P09 I think we should interpret the manoeuvres the same.

MVH,
Morten Laugesen

#15 2008-02-28 12:06:00

F3ABerra
Medlem
Webbsida

Hi Morten (and all).

This was done as an description to that the manoeuvre is not supposed to be done as a "full" half loop to the top (see also a question from Joen above).

I believe that we should stick with this description as the N09 is not the P09.
On the P09 the manoeuvre are including two rolls opposite on the down line (this is not the case in N09).
I also think it's a very nice way to make the rules as clear as possible.

It's not against the rules to perform it as this in the P09 either!

The manoeuvre description is written and it should considered the firm rules until next time we change to N11.

Happy flying to you all!
/Bernt

#16 2008-02-29 20:55:00

Joen
Gäst

I still think the N09 is somewhat crappy.

The contries involved does not read the description equal!

As I wrote earlier, drop the figure 9 and replace it with a 1/2 square loop from inverted topline with ½ roll on the down leg ending with a 1/4 OUTSIDE loop then there is now doubt how to perform this, it is a bit more "crispy" but unlike now no question marks woukd be raised.

Now we the judges in DK to judge one way, judges in Sweden will judge another way, crap crap cheers

rgds
Joen

#17 2008-03-02 21:22:50

mola
Medlem
Från: Henne, Danmark
Registrerad: 2006-11-25
Webbsida

Hi Bernt,

I respectfully disagree with that, but since Sweden are responsible for N09 I will respect the decision and change the Danish maneoevre description so it reflects the official English description.

There are a couple of points I would like to state however:

Firstly I do not think that this really follows the original decission that the Nordic schedule should have similar maneuvres to the FAI schedule just easier to execute.

Secondly we now have to make sure that the judges do NOT degrade FAI pilots for making the maneovres according the FAI guideline.

Have a great flying season, and hope to see some of you in Italy for the European Championships big_smile

MVH,
Morten Laugesen

#18 2008-03-02 21:33:06

F3ABerra
Medlem
Webbsida

Joen,

Sorry, but I don't understand your point of view.

Sweden has made a suggestion of a new N-09 as the holder of the Nordic Championships (next time this shall be done by the Danish).
The N-09 have been discussed and decided during the Nordic Championships in Norsjö last summer and it's not open for disquisitions any longer!

The new thing here are the manoeuvre description and this is what Morten was commenting.

Why do you write that judges will judge in different ways?
The manoeuvre description is written and even the Danish judges will have to follow them (next time the judges will follow the Danish manoeuvre description). I believe the manoeuvre description is very clear how to perform the manoeuvres!

/Bernt

#19 2008-03-03 20:15:55

Joen
Gäst

Hej Bernt

I was just commenting on the description as well, BUT IF the description are DIFFERENT in 2 contries the judges WILL judge according the local description.
That will give some interresting judgement along any competition.

Lats put up an example, in Denmark we fly according the P09 and make the ½ inverted loop in full height( legal according to you), then the triangular loop in full height, then the figure 9 in full height too! now the NM is coming up and ALL the danish judges has got used to this description and how it is performed.

NM is starting , the swedish pilots make those 3 figures from ½ height and get low point from the danish judges, and the danish pilots get low scores from the swedish judges!

You got the point?

It is in DUE time to settle this once and for all, either we fly according the P09( which I prefer) or we fly according YOUR way, with some uncertain lines some high some low some in between and the in between lines CAN be flown in the high lines.

No I think it is best to drop the N09 schedule for a couple of years, it is some crap that have been made.

#20 2008-03-03 20:19:08

Joen
Gäst

Hej Bernt

I was just commenting on the description as well, BUT IF the description are DIFFERENT in 2 contries the judges WILL judge according the local description.
That will give some interresting judgement along any competition.

Lets put up an example, in Denmark we fly according the P09 and make the ½ inverted loop in full height( legal according to you), then the triangular loop in full height, then the figure 9 in full height too! now the NM is coming up and ALL the danish judges has got used to this description and how it is performed.

NM is starting , the swedish pilots make those 3 figures from ½ height and get low point from the danish judges, and the danish pilots get low scores from the swedish judges!

You got the point?

It is in DUE time to settle this once and for all, either we fly according the P09( which I prefer) or we fly according YOUR way, with some uncertain lines some high some low some in between and the in between lines CAN be flown in the high lines.

No I think it is best to drop the N09 schedule for a couple of years, it is some crap that have been made.

#21 2008-03-04 09:08:07

F3ABerra
Medlem
Webbsida

Hello again!

Morten replied while I answered on my last post, so I missed that.
I understand now how it can be different criteria for judging (you are making an own translation).

Just for clarification, it’s not possible to drop N09 by you, me or anyone else.
This was decided by all countries during the NC in July 2007.
Only one comment where done to the Swedish proposal then (2½ turn spin instead of 1½).
The schedule is done as close to the P09 as possible (with no snap rolls and inverted flying on the lower line)!
There where allot of complains about that the manoeuvre description where missing.

Now Sweden have released the official manoeuvre description and this "mistake" where done.
I’m not saying that this manoeuvre description is perfectly done, but I believe that when an official schedule or manoeuvre description etc. have been released it should considered the firm one until next time we change schedule (this is the same with documents done by FAI/CIAM), not when there is an comment done etc.

Next time we must have the manoeuvre description done at the release of the schedule, so that we don't get this kind of discussions.

/Bernt

Senast redigerat av F3ABerra (2008-03-04 09:31:41)

#22 2008-03-04 15:00:17

Joen
Gäst

Hej Bernt

Sorry for my little roughness generad

Yes it had been very good if the description had been in place at the NC.

I'm glad you got the point, but let's see what happens, I'll fly the N09 but it is my first year doing so, and have tried to practice but as long as the description not have been firm it is a little difficult.

rgds
Joen

#23 2008-03-04 23:07:03

F3ABerra
Medlem
Webbsida

Hello Joen!

No problem, I understand your point of view!
God luck with your flying cheers!

/Bernt

#24 2008-05-20 12:36:49

Kimmo Kaukoranta
Medlem
Registrerad: 2008-05-20

Hello guys!

A question on N-09, maneuvre 10, Humpty bumb with options. The description says it's pull-pull-pull humpty with either 1/2-roll up or 1/4-roll up and down. However the aresti shows a pull-push-pull humbty.

I'm assuming the description is correct and the aresti is wrong?

#25 2008-05-20 13:46:18

Inge
Medlem
Registrerad: 2007-02-21

Kimmo ... for me the aresti shows a pull-pull-pull.
I belive you just think wrong here ... when you make a pull over the top then the airplane will be inverted, so the markings shall show inverted flight over the top.

Sidfot