• Index
  •  » F3A
  •  » F3P Indoor Aerobatics in Finland during winter 2006-2007

#1 2006-09-26 11:04:51

Kimmo Kaukoranta
Gäst

F3P Indoor Aerobatics in Finland during winter 2006-2007

Hello guys!

Sorry for writing in english but my swedish is a bit rusty...

We are having some F3P Indoor aerobatic competitions in Finland again this winter. We would like to invite also all Swedish (and other Nordic) indoor pilots to join us in this new and exciting form of RC-aerobatics. All of our competitions are open to everyone and You are all most welcome!

I have posted some more details and the dates in the F3P Section of RC Groups, please check there if You are interested:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre … ost6100495

You can also find our contest dates for F3A and F3P on our website www.f3a.fi and You can contact me for further information.

-Kimmo-

#2 2006-09-27 23:57:24

David
Administratör
Registrerad: 2006-03-05

Re: F3P Indoor Aerobatics in Finland during winter 2006-2007

Hello Kimmo

Great to se some Finnish activity in the forum. I wish I would have the extra time to go to your competitions.

Since you in Finland seem to have some experience from F3P, may i use the opportunity to ask what kind of equipment has been popular at your competitions? I mean mainly models and motors. I know the donuts models Aito and BPLR Evolution is targeted for F3P but other then that most seem to be for 3D (difference is not that great though). Is there any online plans that you would recommend?

/David

#3 2006-09-29 22:10:27

Alf Engqvist
Medlem
Registrerad: 2006-03-22

Hi
Is it possible to find an english description of the F3P programs somewhere?
/Alf

#4 2006-10-06 09:29:08

Kimmo Kaukoranta
Gäst

Now that F3P-A and F3P-AM are FAI provisional classes You can find their rules and manouvre descriptions from the FAI sporting code:
ftp://www.fai.org/sporting_code/sc4/sc4.f3a.06.v2.zip

For the other classes the schedules are as follows:

Sport
1.     Take off (K=1)
2.     Stall-turn (K=2)
3.     Roll (K=2)
4.     Half reverse cuban eight (K=2)
5.     Inverted flight (K=2)
6.     Loop  (K=2)
7.     Landing (K=1)

F3P-B / Advanced
1.     Take off (K=2)
2.     Horizontal eight (K=3)
3.     Loop (K=4)
4.     Four point roll (K=5)
5.     Double Immelmann with half rolls (K=6)
6.     Inverted stall turn with half rolls (K=6) NOTE! the half rolls are on the horizontal legs!
7.     Tophat with 1/4-rolls (K=7)
8.     Rolling circle with one roll (K=7)
9.     Landing (K=3)

In Sport You can fly one maneuvre, go around the gym and then perform the next maneuvre. In F3P-B/Advanced the same applies but You are only allowed to cross the center once between each maneuvere.

A video from 2004 in Pietarsaari showing our Sport schedule:
http://www.pivota.fi/inskaala/2004/vide … oranta.wmv

A nice video by the Dutch showing the F3P-B Schedule:
http://airtoimedia.nl/web/upload/vdVech … B-Esch.wmv

As for equipment we have had a big variety. So far we have been lucky so that all of the competitions have been in very big halls, much bigger than what they are using in Germany. For example the Tellus hall in Pietarsaari is normally used for football practice. The big halls has enabled people to fly much bigger and heavier planes than what would be possible in a smaller gym.

Last winter the smallest AXI, the 2204/54 was pretty popular. Probably this winter we will see more smaller motors like the Flyware Micro REX 220/3. Currently I'm using the AXI for the known/fixed schedules with 9x4.7 prop and 2 cell Kokam 350 in a 83cm, ~140g monoplane. For the freestyle I have a 90cm model with a self wound kit motor swinging a 9x4.7prop using 3 cells Kokam 350 and giving around 450g static thrust. The model weights ~205-210g including the extra servo for dropping a cloud of colorful paper clips during the freestyle ;-)

• Index
  •  » F3A
  •  » F3P Indoor Aerobatics in Finland during winter 2006-2007

Sidfot