#1 2007-03-16 08:07:38

Johan Broström
Medlem
Från: Norsjö
Registrerad: 2006-04-01
Webbsida

FAI-licence

Hi all!

Raimo Ruokonen sent me a mail containing a question regarding FAI-licences. One would think that I, as organizer, should have an answer to this question but unfortunatly I don't. generad Therefore I turn to the F3A-community to get the correct information... big_smile

Is it mandatory for pilots in the Nordic class to have an valid FAI-licence?

My first instinct was to say "Yes! Of course". Personally, I have always had one while flying at NC's, but I can understand why the question has been raised, since the Nordic class is not an official FAI-class...

I would be greatful to get answers as soon as possible, so that those who haven't gotten one has time to order it - if nessecery... big_smile

Highest regards
/ Johan Broström, NC organizer

ps. We now have around 45 centimeters of snow... grater  Training will have to wait another couple of weeks...  roll

#2 2007-03-16 18:36:26

David
Administratör
Registrerad: 2006-03-05

Re: FAI-licence

I vote for skipping the licence in Nordic. I don't really se what purpose it would fulfill.

/David

#3 2007-03-26 10:24:08

Raimo Ruokonen
Medlem
Från: Finland
Registrerad: 2007-02-02
Webbsida

Hello!

The only thing I can think for asking a license in Nordic class is for the sake of insurance.
In Finland the NAC has the 3rd party liability insurance included in the annual NAC (Finlands Flyg Förbund) membership fee. It covers both training and competition.

In the Finnish F3A-Nordic Cup the competition arrengers usually demand the pilots to have a valid NAC membership card, a FAI-licence or a corresponding 3rd party liability insurance covering model airplanes.

Best regards,
        Raimo Ruokonen

#4 2007-03-29 05:19:06

Robert Sundström
Gäst

I may be a little picky but:

There is nothing in the FAI licence itself that guarantees the holder to have a liability insurance. The FAI licence guarantee the following things:
- That the holder is a member of the NAC that issued the licence, and that he is a citizen or resident of that country.
- That the holder is not under punishment for some kind of rule infringement in his own country.

In practice, since most NAC:s (or their model aviation subsidiaries or partners) are offering liability insurances to their members, the statement may be true, but cannot be guaranteed.

#5 2007-06-30 12:25:40

mola
Medlem
Från: Henne, Danmark
Registrerad: 2006-11-25
Webbsida

Gentlemen,

Has there been any conclusions whether an FAI licence is necessary for the Nordic pilots? I know it has been discussed at previous Nordic Championships as well but I don't know if any firm conclusions were ever made?

In Denmark we do not feel an FAI licence is necessary for the Nordic pilots, so unless we are told otherwise soon the Danish Nordic pilots will not be bringing an FAI Licence with them to the Nordic Championships in Sweden.

It would be very nice if we could have this issue resolved ASAP.

Thanks.

MVH,
Morten Laugesen

Sidfot